The PADI Instructor Development Course Instructor Course (IDCS)
General. The PADI IDCS course :
1. Upgrade his standing in the diving instructor world, and get more recognition and more clients
2. Update his knowledge on current PADI Standards to take advantage of latest business opportunities .
3. Teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors.
4. Teach IDC segments under the indirect supervision of a Course Director
5. Evaluate and score idc candidates' :
a. Knowledge Development Presentations.
b . Confined Water Presentations.
c. Open water Presentations.
Pre-Requisite. PADI MSDT. Signed relevant PADI forms.
Curriculum Performance Requirements (see idcs_trg_2015_gen.xlsx)
1. Knowledge Development.
a. Pass a Dive Theory and GSP Exams with a minimum of 80%.
b. Participate in Presentation on IDCS Orientation.
c. Participate in Presentation on Instructor Development Standards and Procedures.
d. Participate in Presentation on How to Conduct the AI Course.
e. Participate in Presentation on the Psychology of Evaluation.
2. Practical Workshops. Score well in
a. Evaluation of at least 3 candidate's KD presentations with required performance
b. Evaluation of at least 3 candidate's Confined Water Skills presentations
c. Evaluation of at least 3 candidate's Open Water Skills presentations
Participate in Option A or Option B.
Option A. Audit all presentations and activities of an IDC. Can be achieved over a single IDC or spread out over multiple IDCs
Option B. Present to the CD with a minimum score of 4.0 out of 5, of all AI presentations.
Materials. Three essential. CD Manual print or digital. RM 900). 2 x Evaluation Slates.
All aspiring PADI IDCS can start your preparation with independent study after an Orientation to the Course.
You will need the CD Manual number which comes with the CD compact Disk when you apply to PADI to be an IDCS.
Cost. RM 2000. Includes use of scuba cylinders in the pool and sea.